Monday 29 July 2013

250 Words: A dry week

Why have you forsaken me?  Off with the more successful are you?  Chart toppers and award winners- the boys and girls in print?  They’re all very good and all but I only write 250 Words a week, it’s not like I take much effort on your part- just a title or a sniff of an idea written on a scrap of paper and I’m off, happy as can be and soon done.  So why not pop in for ten seconds to see me of an evening.  Or at work, even, where it’s safer- I know I come on a bit strong sometimes, always after one thing and never ruminating first (and sometimes just staring).  I was once the same with a friend who was posting stuff I’d written on the internet- I practically crushed him with my excitement.  And I’m sorry (to you both) but I enjoy this so much I can’t
help myself sometimes.  Not much of an excuse, I know.  Sorry.  But nothing?  Not even a dream or a whisper on the wind or a funny event to witness?  That’s cold.  You’re supernatural, for crying out loud.  It doesn’t take much to visit.  Even such a perv as I!  I suppose you’re elsewhere, (over?) compensating for centuries of white male control.  Fair enough to some extent but it had literally nothing to do with me- why should I suffer from neglect?  Oh, it’s been a dry week without you, what can I do now?

(With thanks to Clio).

No comments:

Post a Comment