Monday 9 October 2017

100 Words: Return Home

I don’t remember if it was dusk or dawn when I returned but I do remember the moon shining and smiling down on me.  I smiled back, remembering the promise we had made to simultaneously renew our love before the moon every night.  


Perhaps it was the time difference that did for us; accidentally breaking the promise broke the spell.


I knew then that time and space had stretched and snapped our relationship, our letters moving from passion to firm friendship, and I wondered if I would find anything as permanent as the moon now I was home for good.

Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt: 


PHOTO PROMPT © Ted Strutz



5 comments:

  1. This was an interesting introspective.
    Nothing to do with the story but it is not easy to read black on dark grey... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting. Yes, sometimes, my copying and pasting in turns the text to black, which is quite annoying. Have changed it to how it should be, now. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your story--thought-provoking and evocative.

    I agree with Dale. Dark type, dark background is very hard on older eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading and commenting. Yes, sometimes, my copying and pasting in turns the text to black, which is quite annoying. Have changed it to how it should be, now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even moon disappears everyday, waxes and wanes...May be he shouldnt loose hope, it might just be a new moon :)

    ReplyDelete