Wednesday 7 October 2020

100 Words: The boy who heard, "Help!"

“Kelp!” she called out.  I heard, “Help!” and, being very young, called the emergency services.  When they arrived she’d gone and the owner of the establishment was most confused.  The police, paramedics and firefighters were furious.

I thought it was hilarious, though, and started hearing people yell out, “Help!” everywhere.  

It didn’t last long, of course.  The police soon had the payphones watched and caught me.

They said nothing, though.  Instead they taught me a lesson, trapping me in my own home, making me think it was on fire, and not responding to my calls.

I never did it again.



Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt (see here for other stories): 


PHOTO PROMPT © Sandra Crook

8 comments:

  1. Made me smile! A harsh way to teach him a lesson though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it takes a tough lesson to learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll remember that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet there's a few emergency service folks who wish they could teach a lesson like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He'll probably become a fireman himself one day - if they'll have him!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough love. Hope it works for the young'n.
    JadeLi@ http://tao-talk.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice lesson, even though it was a bit extreme.

    ReplyDelete