Wednesday 17 February 2016

100 Words: Ghost Writer

The report was due before the weekend and I sat at my desk, an empty piece of paper in front of me, trying to summon words from within.  

Nothing would come, though, and I started to get frustrated at the thought of working late or, worse, through the weekend.  

In trying to calm myself down and gain focus I said out loud, “Come on, James, this report won’t write itself!”  

When, lo and behold, writing began to appear on the paper.  

I have done no work since.  

Really, I couldn’t recommend them more.  Everyone should have a benevolent helper ghost.


Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was the word Luck.

9 comments:

  1. I could use that sort of ghost writer some days too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where does one find the benevolent helper? I could use one, and if it enjoys editing...all the better!
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of days when I wish I had one of them ghost writers too...too many hours spent staring at blank pages...erm...screens! Great 100 words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. Sometimes nothing. Sometimes, there aren't enough hours in the day to get out everything floating in my head. LOVE the 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could do with James as well. Send him my way!

    Enjoyed. Ally :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know the feeling far too well! You captured the feeling perfectly in 100 words - although like everyone else, I'd like inspiration like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep telling the ghosts to at least do the dishes, but they're not cooperating with me. Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. Dining Chairs Price

    ReplyDelete