Wednesday 17 February 2016

100 Words: While you are alive, you are never out of time

The hourglass drained away to nothing and I ran out of time.

Having been found in the master’s daughter’s bed, offering an explanation could have meant death.  I kept silent and was banished.  

Initially I wandered aimlessly, wishing we’d been caught the first time... until I learned she was sticking by me and had been locked away.  

I got it together, spent my time selling hourglasses and learning swordplay.  

Our legend grew and people started to gather.  

Soon, with the hourglass as our sigil, we will move on the castle.  

While you are alive, you are never out of time.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

PHOTO PROMPT - © Sandra Crook

PHOTO PROMPT – © Sandra Crook



5 comments: