Tuesday 16 February 2016

100 Words: On Luck

Luck’s all in the mind, of course.  As anyone who’s narrowly avoided death will confirm.   “I wasn't lucky to have been in the accident,”  they might say.  

Yet, if you win the lottery, you will be also be considered lucky; for luck has nothing to do with action.

Even if it was manufactured, luck would not be guaranteed; it would only increase your chances, surely- a hipflask in your breast pocket will only save your life if you are shot there.  
So, really, when you look at, all you can say is I couldn’t think of a story this week.


Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was the word Luck.

My lack of a proper story shall be blamed on my having already written something that would have worked for the old 100 Word Challenge when the prompt was Clover ;)

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh. A creative way to work against writer's block.

    ReplyDelete