Thursday 17 April 2014

100 Words: Treasure Hunt

I followed the final clue and found them badly hidden under cushions, tangled together like a fantastical being, and, finally, I was allowed to open hatch on the old-fashioned diving helmet.  

My children had woken me, handed me the first clue and the helmet before running off laughing. For two hours I had been lumbering about the house and the garden searching for the individually decorated clue cards, barely able to stay upright.

Sometimes I wonder why I allow my children to treat me this way, to pander to such behaviour and instructions- giggles from under the cushions tell me.


Written for Friday Fictioneers, in response to this photo:

Copyright - Douglas M. MacIlroy


PHOTO PROMPT © Douglas M. MacIlroy

An InLinkz Link-up

5 comments:

  1. Yes, love takes us strange places for our kids, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that the dad is willing to join in the fun. He's got a lot of patience. Lovely story with a happy ending. Well done. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jim,

    He allows the treatment because he's a good daddy. I can remember silly games like this with my dad. Fond memories. Happy times. Good story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line is perfect! I really liked this one... badly hidden under cushions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes we do it,for that kind of treasure-the giggles,the laughter,the unbridled joy and the "I love yous" :D Loved this tender tale of a father's love,great job Jim :-)

    ReplyDelete