Wednesday 23 April 2014

250 Words: Someone’s Downstairs and Someone’s Downstairs

I move my torch around and get a boner when I see this place is as good as we thought and I start thinking about how we’ll shift the stuff out and start mentally making a list of all the people we’ll need to start contacting in the morning.  Just the living room‘s enough.  If there’s a games room… I see his mobile charging and smile before moving out the back to signal Ian, Dave and Pete to come in and get started.

Back inside we start the removals business end of things: always being careful, always keeping an ear pricked for movement upstairs or, God Forbid, on the stairs, feet always ready to scarper with what’s been done.

*

Shit, shit, shit, there’s someone downstairs.  Oh my god, why didn’t I get that fucking phone installed up here.  My mobile!  Where’s… shit, it’s by the fucking kettle and she told me not to… not for these reasons- what… how does that fucking matter someone’s fucking downstairs!  What do I do?  Confront them and get myself fucked up or do I just move about, switch some lights on what the fuck is the routine, the drill for this shitstorm of a fucking nightmare scenario.  Jesus, where’s bloody Dad when you need him?  He can sort anything and everything.  But this. 

Oh my god oh my god oh my god.  WHAT? WHAT DO I DO?  Someone is fucking down there and I am lost.  And


shit. 



What if they come up here?

No comments:

Post a Comment