Wednesday 9 April 2014

100 Words: Burn contest

She challenged me in a way I couldn’t refuse so I took the offered cigarette.

My head and hand filled with pain as the burn started to form, my skin sizzling, eyes watering.  I couldn’t look straight at it for long and, seeking to distract, looked up.  Her eyes willed me onward, flicking between my face, the burn in progress and her watch- her face full of glee.  

I still don’t know how long I managed, though it seemed forever.  When I gave in she lit another, brushed it against her hand and with a wicked grin pronounced, “You win.”


Written for 100 Word Challenge #373 on Velvet Verbosity

5 comments:

  1. She's good, or bad, depending on how you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is horrible...and horribly clever. Beware this girl as an adult...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. And she's out there somewhere...

      This actually happened to someone I was at school with - the burn on the back of his hand was rather nasty.

      Delete
  3. Ooof, that's evil!! Clever, but evil. I don't know whether I admire her or want to kick her. Then again, the kid who burned himself needs a good kick in the pants too, for rotten judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually deny those types of contests. I don't care what the people will say. I know who I am (a winner), and I prefectly know who I would be if I accept those offers (a loser). It's not the game what brings you the title, it's your decision before it.

    ReplyDelete