Friday 11 April 2014

250 Words: The fourth dimension

I am spiralling in time, affecting events as I traverse the coil on which I am bound.  Repetition of events occur wherever my shadow passes, the evil I did spreading a plague given to me by my dimensional ancestors.

In my own time I took the lives of my family after my wife betrayed me.  I still hear her pleas made in vain and the screams of our children before I slit their throats one by one.  I buried them and claimed they had left me.  One year later I dropped through the trapdoor and onto this spiral of doom.

Before me rapists, murderers, adulterers from all the ages take me as their kin and draw me onward to the centre of the coil.

Fifty years later a man took children from their homes, I watched every abduction and all that came after until he too faced the death penalty and joined us.

Twenty-five years on and a woman drove her children into the sea after her husband  wronged her.  We quickly became friends through shared pain.

Twelve and a half years later and similar events unfolded once more, then six, three and soon we will reach the centre and we’ll all descend to hell while our victims find peace. 

Countless such coils cover the earth inextricably linking seemingly unlinked events.  This is just one tale of woe- all such tales are connected through time.  Jack the Ripper, Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, so many holding hands in the fourth dimension.


Note: This was my reaction to the graphic novel From Hell, and an attempt to make sense of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment