Wednesday 5 August 2015

100 Words: As Moon is my Witness

The gaps in the clouds looked like giant bats ready to swoop; the branches great webs, their masters hidden; and, between them, Moon shone- a spotlight following me, an eye watching, staring into my soul and reviewing my sin.

I stumbled, felt the spiders, sprung from their hiding places, crawling over me; felt the air from the bats as they swooped, waiting for the command to strike; saw Moon’s glare as he accused me, made me view what I’d done again and again.


I was found in the morning a quivering wreck and confessed to my crime before being asked.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

PHOTO PROMPT -© Madison Woods 
PHOTO PROMPT -© Madison Woods

5 comments:

  1. Now I can't unsee the bats in the clouds and the web of trees. Brilliant story, very Poe-like in mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, loving the accusing moon!! v

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intriguing situation. There's something very eerie going on. Great atmosphere and very suggestive.

    ReplyDelete