Saturday 31 January 2015

100 Words: I am Radiant

I am today, though I wasn’t yesterday- or any day before.  The change came this morning soon after dawn.  The sun, as it came over the houses across the street, poured beautifully through my window and made me stir.  As I woke, I yawned.  The sun saw, thought I was bored by its display and shot me with its rays.

Now I glow brightly.  It’s not so great.  With light and heat.  I’m worried that I will blind someone and set something on fire.  

“Oh great Sun, oh Helios, oh Ra, how can I make amends and stop being radiant?”


Written for 100 Word Challenge #411 on Velvet Verbosity; the prompt was the word Radiant.


3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I think I might be missing a reference or metaphor. I'm curious to know more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was a metaphor, I'd feel a lot more clever if it wasn't just nonsense.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete