Friday 22 August 2014

Numbers

They were my numbers, I was sure they were my numbers.  I checked and re-checked and yet, on the phone, they said the prize had been claimed.  I spoke really quite sternly at them until they suggested perhaps I was applying my numbers to the wrong day.  When I saw they were right, I apologised a lot and hung up, red-faced and terribly embarrassed. 

It was only then that I noticed the haunted hotel story and recalled a conversation I had had with my son about both that and the lottery competition. 

What a cruel trick to play.

I had to get him back.

I acted quickly and worked fast, without thinking about it too much, if I’m honest.

That’s how I ended up ruining his chances with the girl he’d really liked for ages.  They were just starting to get close, apparently, and my leaking of photos of him building his model railway had dampened her enthusiasm, somewhat, sending him back to the romantic drawing board.

If she really likes him, she’ll come round, I’m sure.

I don’t think he will mess with his mother again, though.

Hopefully.


Written for the Light and Shade Challenge from the following picture prompt:

 

Lyssa Medana

No comments:

Post a Comment