Friday 22 August 2014

100 Words: As I left for St Louis, MO

After the plague, most towns and cities were abandoned to allow survivors to group together maintaining what we still had, rebuilding societies elsewhere.  I decided on St Louis, an image of her Gateway Arch filling me with hope as I walked there.

As we stopped tending our landscapes, nature began taking over again.  There had been talk of this return for a while, cracking sidewalks and crumbling walls. 

It was as I left town that I saw it.  I hadn’t thought nature would reclaim vehicles, yet there it was, a plant growing from a van.  “Life finds a way,” indeed.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

PHOTO PROMPT -Copyright-Roger Bultot 

Copyright-Roger Bultot

 

3 comments:

  1. It's doesn't sound so bad to have nature reclaim the planet. It's her turn, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jim,

    Nature reclaims. Humans haven't done so well with it.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, I guess it'll be nature's turn now. Well written. : ) ---Susan

    ReplyDelete