Friday 2 May 2014

100 Words: Wax Drips

The wax drips should have been the sign, the smooth sculptures, equally beautiful and disgusting, creating on and staining the surface top and sides.  

I despise mess, abhor untidiness and yet, for him, I was willing to overlook this because the candle had been so romantic.

When, several weeks later, the wax drips were still there I should have known he was not for me.  Instead I moved things over to my place more, where cleanliness does abound.

Though my flat became a little dirtier and unkempt by his presence it dawned on me only when things went missing.


Written for Friday Fictioneers, in response to this photo: 

Copyright - Renee Heath



3 comments:

  1. Jim, Good story of a lover who needs to be removed. A sneak thief is too much. Looks like this person knows how to take advantage of those who love him. Well done. :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things are just not meant to be. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jim,

    This is a relationship that seems to be doomed from the beginning. Good use of the prompt.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete