Monday 5 May 2014

250 Words: Obake (“something that is transformed”) 2 and 3: “animals with supernatural powers” and “wicked demons”

““Mwahahahaha!” I said and then I fled from that place leaving him alone to his fate. 

“Give us a swig.

“Knowing that he’d want to seek retribution, I knew I needed to get away quickly and so I journeyed first around the Great Swamps, giving them quite a wide berth in fact- only a fool would travel through that treacherous area.  Even animals go around it. 

“Give us a little swig.

“Then the Border Mountains stood before me and I thought to myself, I thought, “He won’t be able to cross those or the desert beyond.  If by any chance he does decide to follow, I’ll be more than safe on the other side of these rocks and that sand.  This is somewhere he can’t follow!  So I hired myself guides and got myself to safety, entertaining people in the towns en route with my tale of adventure, intrigue and ultimate victory.

“Give us another swig.

“Even for such as I, a task like that is not simple and I am sure you will agree that I have won and won well on this occasion, that I am a hero among my kind to be revered for some time to come.  And a clever bastard too.

“Give us just one more swig.

“Yep, once I’ve rested up here I shall return to my king and be richly rewarded.”

On the fifth day of boring my customers with his story a small creature entered my pub and downed the loudmouth fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment