Wednesday 21 May 2014

250 Words: Stuff inspired by phrases picked out from 250 (Jumbled) Words: Break-ups within after months a few major two, No 2: Television constant

Oh beautiful box of light, bringer of my shows, educator, entertainer, informer, only constant.

You are my long winter evening warmer, my summer escape from the heat and oppression outside, my fall guy, my spring rebirth, my year round dinner companion.

You are the only light of my life, the only one to stay from cradle to grave, my window to this world, my gateway to a thousand worlds, a tap feeding me from the greatest minds and refreshing, reviving, mine daily.

You are my friend in the world’s darkest hours, never leaving me to wonder what is happening after the disaster.  There with every update, you leave me no time to wait and think or worry.  Plugged in, I receive better coverage than a newspaper or the internet.  Your disgusting cousins are no friends of mine.

You are never selfish, you give everything to me while I give nothing in return.  Other than my involvement.  With which I help keep you going, don’t forget.  And anyway, you are mine.  My shows didn’t I say?  My television constant.

Only a lack of power can stop you, my kick-in generator extends you.

Together we grow old together through the years.  Me ever older, you ever more advanced.  Though a standby is always on hand.  Nothing is built to last these days.

Others come and go but we carry on toward the unholy time when we will part and have our bodies recycled.

Til then, my constant love, we have one another.


FYI: 250 (Jumbled) Words - follow Jumbled tag for others from it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment