Wednesday 21 May 2014

100 Words: City Collections

They make the rubbish collection here on Mondays, early in the morning.  They do it early so the truck doesn’t clog up the main road.  You see things at night if you don’t sleep, all sorts of collections.

People collect meals from takeaways, drivers collect passengers and lovers collect disease; while seedy men collect women from the pavement and desperate-looking folk collect drugs from dealers.  

I used to collect bruises until I took matters into my own hands and started my own collections of the unfortunate from time to time.  They’ll collect me if they see what’s in my rubbish.


Written for 100 Word Challenge #379 on Velvet Verbosity; the prompt was the word Collection.

4 comments:

  1. That is a really scary end!Liked the descriptions of different collections made at night:-) Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great atmospheric look at the dark side of city life. The ending was unexpected but empowering - well told

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy! Eerie glimpse of the nightlife in the city. The end was amazing, makes you wonder all kinds of scary things
    -Tinkerbelle96
    atpixiehollow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete