Monday 24 June 2013

250 Words: Jesus jealousy

She glides through the room and no one can touch her.  Effortlessly she talks, smiles, laughs and turns every man to mush.

I have loved her ever since she pushed me from a wall and held my hand when ice-skating, as mad as that might sound.

I live for moments in her presence, stealing glances of her when she is deep in thought, displaying that beautiful far away look that she has.

I spend our time apart dreaming and planning.

Bur for her affections I have a rival who is always between me and her.  And how I would like to be Him.

Round her neck He swings and instantly I want to be Jesus.  He gets much closer to her than I ever could.

He can feel her heart beat and listen to every breath, bringing His in line.

And He can glide across her breasts, gaining an unrivalled view.

And she looks at Him with eyes full of love.

I want to be Jesus so I could win her over by teaching wisely and with amazing miracles: producing tap wine for her parties, and a plethora of food.  Maybe return relations from the dead…

But could I step up and complete the mission by taking the pain of the cross?  Nails in my hands and feet, a broken back, blood running down my forehead and blinding my eyes?  Maybe not; maybe being Jesus would be too much of a burden.

But to be that much closer to her…

No comments:

Post a Comment