Friday 7 June 2013

250 Words: A conversation

"Here, try this on; seems to be ready. 

“What do you think He will do?  I don't want to leave our home, there’s virtually
nothing beyond those gates.  Just wilderness, the complete opposite to inside"

"I know, it’s creepy out there but don't worry, I am sure we won't be banished.  And
we both ate it.  We're in this together, remember.  Whatever He does to one of us He
will have to do to the other. 

“There, how does it look?"

"Fine; I think.  I can’t imagine He will send us away, I am sure He won’t but… I can‘t
get the idea out of my head.  He only asked us for one thing..."

"Relax.  He loves us.  And He surely doesn’t want to be the first fascist: nothing but
commands and punishments.  Plus we aren’t dead so he must have lied to us about
that fruit.”

"Yeah, and He created that crawling creep.  Surely He will see that and cut us some
slack."

"Mmm; and sealed our fate, probably, by telling us not to do something. 

“Nah, He'll be fair, you'll see.  You can't keep people innocent forever."

"And not everything is simply black or white, good or evil.  Perhaps nothing."

"Indeed.  We can see everything in between now.  Like butterflies breaking through
the chrysalis to fly free and fully formed."

"Will He see it like that, though?  Or see only broken trust?"

"Of course not; not someone who created so much beauty.

"Here He comes now.  You'll see..."

No comments:

Post a Comment