Wednesday 14 October 2015

Roundandroundabout

There was a time when I enjoyed rides that simply went round and round.  I once adored the galloping horses and revelled in a teacup.  Now even the thought makes me feel both dizzy and sick (writing this is, genuinely, a little bit difficult).

Everything changed one summer evening in a local park when I boarded a roundabout operated by an older girl.

Faster and faster she spun it and, ignoring my pleas to stop, kept it spinning and spinning. 

The world blurred and my brain did something similar so that by the time she finally stopped I was changed forever.  I think I knew this even as I tried to recover, sat on a wooden bench with my head between my knees, praying I would return to my former state of being.

Perhaps one day I will; or else I’ll never take my children on the galloping horses or the teacup ride.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt, albeit late and over my usual 100 Words exactly:

PHOTO PROMPT © Ted Strutz 
PHOTO PROMPT © Ted Strutz

No comments:

Post a Comment