Tuesday 27 October 2015

A blindfolded woman playing a lyre with one string

I knew the first time that it would not work, that the tides would keep bringing my SOS back to the secluded island I was stranded on.  

But you have to try.  

And, though it never worked, the simple act gave me something real to do, got me up and active every single day that I was there.

By the end I couldn’t even remember what I had written on the message inside.  At one time I had thought about the content everyday, fretting that I had not written the right thing/the necessary text /not given the necessary data, the correct information or imparted the right knowledge to be found.

It didn’t matter in the end, of course.  And it never really had.

As my rescuers came ashore, I smashed the bottle on the rocks, my tears streaming just as the the now redundant ink did into the sea.


Written for the Light and Shade Challenge from the following picture prompt:

Courtesy of WikiCommons

No comments:

Post a Comment