Wednesday 14 October 2015

100 Words: The Watcher at the Window

The rain’s not so bad when you’re out of it, dry and warm.  You can watch the raindrops explode on the tarmac or turn into ripples; and listen to its sound, to me a most soothing sensation. 

But sometimes when you watch, you see things.  I preferred living in the country, I had less on my conscience.

There I saw the occasional cat or fox fight, and, one time, hedgehogs having sex; here it is much worse.

And they know what I have seen.  They have seen me see. 

And I know what they will do if I say anything.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

PHOTO PROMPT -© Rochelle Wisoff-Fields 

Additionally, in the last month I have written for a couple of previous prompts but too late to join the Link-Up (and both also wound up clocking in at over 100 Words.)  If you fancy reading them, please click on links to the right of the picture prompts below:


Check out the following links to see what else people were inspired to write by Rochelle's photo...


2 comments: