Friday 6 February 2015

100 Words: The Creatures in the Maze

There were definitely creatures living in the maze in our garden but only one person ever agreed.  Our gardener informed me, with a kindly smile, that he’d grown the maze to keep the creatures trapped, too stupid were they to find the way out.

I would watch others enter without a care and giggle their way into the middle and back out again.  Never would I enter myself but instead give people a look of doubt when they suggested it:

They could tell me what they liked about allergies and bees, I knew what had really happened to my sister.


Written for Velvet Verbosity from the following picture prompt:


garden maze 
PHOTO PROMPT – Copyright – Melanie Greenwood

4 comments:

  1. Scary stuff, the thing of nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Quite good stuff going on here...
    Ellespeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one clever gardener. I wonder what the creatures really are - a very intriguing story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chilling! Interesting story.

    ReplyDelete