Monday 19 August 2013

250 Words: “It's not over, not over, not over, not over yet,” (I still love you)

As you pack your belongings and get ready to leave me I beg and put forward arguments for you to stay, simultaneously searching for answers to find where I went wrong.  Answers that will help me put us back together.  As you leave our house I call after you, tell you it's not over yet.

On the telephone I lie to my mother.  You are out presently or in the bath, we cannot come to dinner for this or that reason.  I assure her you're well and no doubt tell the only truth.  The lies I tell because I believe there is hope.  That this is a hurdle to get over to continue our life.  Because I believe that it's not over yet.

Following you home and looking through your windows I carry it on.  Waiting outside pubs, clubs, your work and the houses of your friends and family I continue to drag the decaying corpse of our relationship.  In our confrontations you kick out lumps of its flesh.  But this won't put me off your trail.  It's not over yet.

In my hovel I drink wine and look at the photos of you spread across the floor, framed on the side and arranged in a collage on the wall.  I talk to them when at my lowest as if you are still here.  In this way I carry us on, keep that torch alight and aloft, dully glowing.  For me, it's not over yet because I still love you.



The quote in the title comes from this Klaxons track.  Initially I though the entire title was a quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment