Sunday 12 May 2013

Myths of our Solar System (31): Makemake plans to take over Rapa Nui

“It was me who created humanity and it is me who allows it to re-produce and carry on. I
could just as easily wipe it away again,” thinks Makemake as he sits, jealously watching
the island’s statues receive all the attention.

“And I would, too. Drive them all into the sea. Force them to die breathing water.

“I am the rightful ruler of this island yet they waste their time on those big-headed
monstrosities. If I were in charge I would not allow such frivolity, such back-breaking
labour. Forcing people to drag such freaks across the land. It’s inhuman. No grand and
overbearing monuments would I require.

“I would have everything covered in my image instead. Let the people know who is boss
that way. Leave my mark like that. Far more subtle. And not so easily stolen from this
place and lost.”

And with that Makemake rose up and his birdmen spread their wings across the island and
they wiped away the old order to create his own.

“Now I’m in charge, it will be forever. The island is mine- Creator of Humanity and God of
Fertility- the rightful heir. My cult rules now. Forever.”

Later, the first time one Easter, Europeans would come. They found toppled statues with
large heads around the island. And strange birdman engravings on stones all over it.
Both were a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment