Saturday 27 April 2013

Myths of our Solar System (27): Celtic Afterlife 2

It is bliss here, my darling, a greater place to wait than I could imagine. And although I
was cursed by my sudden end and in my parting from you and our boy, I feel blessed
here.

Look to the west, my darling, and think of me at dusk for it is in that direction I dwell, and
it is in that direction you will travel to join me some day. And together we will roam on
this endless isle through waist deep grass and flowers, and lean against trees together.
I yearn for you, my darling, but I can wait, for when I see your face again it will be for
eternity.

I have so much to show you, my darling. Honey dripping from trees, apples as you would
never believe, whole boars for the eating, wine and beer flowing like rivers in spring.
Endless cool forests with tamed animals to sit and chat with. Everything we dreamed of
and talked about as the fire burned down.

Oh, my darling, how I desire you, how I want you between my legs once more, to kiss me
as you once did, to take me where no one else could. But, my love, do not rush here, you
have so much to do before you come. So much experience left in that life to build, to store
up and tell me about when you arrive from the east. Kiss our boy for me everyday and
bring him up well- oh I know you will, my great bear, my only love.

And I shall wait for that day when you will sail to me, my darling, and we begin the wait for
our son and then his own kin.

No comments:

Post a Comment