Tuesday 29 November 2016

100 Words: When dinner goes on too long at the wrong time

#Dinner#


Why does dinner on these days go on so looooooooong.


#Dinner#


Why do they have to be so formal?


#Dinner#


Haven’t they heard of TV dinners?  My friends all have them.


#Dinner#


Why, right now, would they make me eat all my vegetables.  


Even those I’ve hidden.


#Dinner#


Yes, open mouth, you can see I’ve had them all.  


Ah, plate going away...


#Dinner#


This is the one time I don’t want pudding.


#Dinner#


No, not ice cream, but the hottest pudding ever… but… ouch… gone…. 


#Dinner#


All sweetness and light.  


“Can I get down now, please?”  


RUUUUUUN!


#BATMAN!#


Phew.


Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was the word, Dinner.

1 comment:

  1. A continuous inner conversation during interminable holiday family dinners... especially the RUUUUUUN part.

    ReplyDelete