Monday 28 November 2016

100 Words: What's behind the door? and What's behind the door (a)

I used to walk past that simple wooden door with its chain that said something but did little.  I knew I should not approach and go through the door, yet that which was supposed to stop me was so pathetic it seemed more like an invitation.

From the age of six I would wonder what was behind that door.  At 13 I found out.


There was nothing spectacular, though. 

When I picked the lock and opened the door I discovered the building was a facade only, a construction hiding an exposed section of railway.

If it weren’t for the chain…


Return to pick another ending.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

PHOTO PROMPT © CEayr 
PHOTO PROMPT © CEayr


2 comments:

  1. And what's with that chain in 1a? :) This is such a fun idea, I liked 2b best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I don't think I made the first one work properly. I was trying to get at the fact that they wouldn't have even looked or been keen to find out what was behind the door if there was no chain, but ran out of words before I could actually say that.

      Delete