Monday 18 March 2013

250 Words: And then I woke up

I went to bed on Friday evening and, in the warmest embrace, I woke up. It knocked
the sleep from my eyes and brought me round to life. Like I had been dreaming
some dream of life up to that ecstatic moment and now I am free, fully awake.

Life, it seems to me now, is a series of doors you walk through until, finally, you walk
through the black-framed one without a room on the other side. Last Friday I walked
into a room filled with wonder, but also a certain awkwardness. The decor didn't
quite work together despite the matching colours. But beyond that room I can see a
long line of rooms full and excitement; that decor slowly starting to work better and
better.

There are probably millions of ways to word this feeling. Being born or coming up
from water, maybe even falling- physically or magically. All I know is I have woken
to a new world order where nothing can be the same again. I cannot go back and
neither do I want to. That door shut behind me and locked (I left the key on the other
side with a smile).

Come Saturday lunchtime I was cock of the walk and ten feet tall. Even if my life
was ultimately no different, I had changed forever with new blood flowing through
my veins and bright new eyes seeing all new wonders, having been stirred from a
slumber and awoken by love. Awake and unbound.

No comments:

Post a Comment