Wednesday 15 June 2016

100 Words: Our last evening

The show was not very good and we left soon after it started and slowly ambled along in the June evening sun.  We walked along the seafront, through the whalebone arch and sat sharing a bag of chips while watching the sun set behind the Abbey.

On the way back to the Royal Crescent, you talked about watching out for vampires and I laughed at you.

I shouldn’t have.

They might not have been resident in Whitby but they’d seen us laughing as we left that stupid show.


I wish I’d proposed that night and not saved it for York.



Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

Copyright -John Nixon 
Copyright -John Nixon

3 comments:

  1. Interesting tale, but I don't really get the link to the prompt.
    Or was that the 'stupid show'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Yeah, I know what you mean. The picture is meant to be the show and I thought it seemed like a hot holiday type place (because there's sun and we don't get much of that in London) but it somehow morphed into Whitby, hence the vampires. So it started with the prompt but doesn't sit well with that picture, overall.

      Delete
  2. Hah, never underestimate the vampires. Good story.

    ReplyDelete