Friday 10 June 2016

100 Words: Different Memory

I remember it well, maybe differently.

Not sure how I thought the cushions would protect me from the brass-headed monster but, when it appeared in the hallway calling my name, I headed for what I thought was the safest place: under a selfmade fort of cushions pulled quickly from the sofa.

I lay there hoping it wouldn’t see me as it stalked the room, calling my name, saying it would eat me. 

I breathed, I hoped.

But then: “There you are!” it pronounced.  I screamed, flung the cushions at it, stood up and…

...saw that it was only my dad.



Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

Copyright - Douglas M. MacIlroy 
PHOTO PROMPT © Douglas M. MacIlroy

This week's picture prompt was a repeat from a previous year, and one which I had written a story for before, which can be found here



No comments:

Post a Comment