Friday 13 May 2016

100 Words: On Manners

Manners are just sets of rules, aren’t they?  More ways to bend us to society’s bidding.   Often that’s how it feels; when I’m the doer, I hate being pulled up on things just for existing. 

And yet…

Almost every rush hour tube journey leaves me frustrated and angry: 

  • when people won’t stand for old or pregnant travellers,
  • when people cough on your head 
  • listen to music loudly 
  • don’t allow you to get off at your stop.  Seriously, Liverpool Street, if we can’t get off, how will you get on?

This is not the only example.

Manners are a good thing.


Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was the word, Manners.

1 comment:

  1. Courtesy and manners show respect. I'm all for easier egress from public trasportation! I sometimes think people in general aren't properly aware of their surroundings and behave as if they are the only ones around.

    ReplyDelete