Wednesday 20 May 2015

100 Words: Drops

Not much left, just a few drops of water.  The experiment was a success.  If anyone even saw these, they’d never think of them as evidence.  They certainly couldn’t trace them back, I don’t think, to their previous home.  Still; might be best to stop that from happening.  It’s not quite perfect and I don’t like imperfection.

That’s why I tried it on him first, why everything I now do needs to be perfect so suspicion does not come to our; no, my door.  Careful now.  For the time being it is privately the latter while publically the former, please.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

FF_santoshwriter (1) 



4 comments:

  1. Youch! A little more murder for this week, methinks. I love the last line and the secrecy inherent in the whole piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading it although I wasn't sure what had been done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a frightening experiment. Dissolve family and inherit early? An intersting take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear James,

    Quite an "experiment."

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete