Tuesday 16 December 2014

100 Words: Fifteen to One

He always chimes in just before me; it’s so annoying.  As I go to answer, every time, he chips in first and takes the points. 

His reactions and thinking times (are they one and the same for him?) are too quick while mine are too dull.  I frustrated, I take it out on the buzzer, pressing ever harder.  And still too late.

Doomed from the start, though I wasn’t to know, I can only watch as my opponent creeps ever further ahead with answers I know but cannot remember quickly enough.

I started with a hope that’s quickly faded away.


Written for 100 Word Challenge #407 on Velvet Verbosity; the prompt was the word Chimes.

 Additionally, I wrote a story for Challenge #404 but did not blog it in time to link it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment