Tuesday 5 November 2013

250 Words: Couple No 5: A stumbling block to romance

Argh, Annie, he promised so much.  For ages he was always chatting to me at whatever pub or party we were at, slowly convincing me we should date, that we’d be good together.  He tried so hard, Annie, put in so much effort.  And he was so sweet, I believed every word that came from his rotten lying mouth.

He continued his beautiful charm offensive on our dates.  In restaurants, parks and, once, on the beach with a bag of chips at sunset: an amazing evening huddled closely on the pebbles.  Jesus, Annie, he was wonderful every step of the way.  Whispered phone calls at bedtime, sandwiches on grass at lunchtime, he even carried my books to class, the clichéd mother’.

And that first time was magical- can’t believe I gave it up to him, now; the signs were there, I swear- it was such a fantastic day together in town, a tingle of anticipation building slowly between us through the day and evening then being released long into the night.  The memory’s tarnished now but at the time it was amazing- coming together like that with someone for the first time.  And waking up together for the first time.  Brilliant.

Guess you reap what you sew and I let that syphilitic swine plough God knows what into me.  And him so marvellous throughout while screwing Holly on the side, no doubt laughing at me whenever we parted, on his way to that skank’s bed.

Fucking hell, Annie, why me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment