Friday 21 October 2016

100 Words: Beachcombing in Hidden Cove

Each item tells a story- for each item collected, something fantastical happened.  Such was the magic of summer visits to Hidden Cove. 

I picked up a lot more but I only kept the pieces that pair with a memory.

I remember the first and last times, especially.

When I saw a Merperson conversing with a Merlungh, its scaly-legged freshwater cousin, I stared hard, then smiled for hours; my Grandparents understanding when they saw my bemused face. 

When I had to destroy the secret tunnel and hide the cove forever, though.  Then I wept.  By then I had seen too much.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

PHOTO PROMPT © Claire Fuller 
PHOTO PROMPT © Claire Fuller
 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what he's seen to be forced to close the door to magic. Intriguing story, full of wonders

    ReplyDelete