Tuesday 5 April 2016

100 Words: We did not converse on every topic

The engine moves off.  Cooped up behind, we follow.  I keep my eyes outside, scouring the scenery.  Not sure why I expect to see her.  I only know she no longer uses this service. 

Not now.

For months we conversed on our journey to the city, quickly becoming firm commuting buddies.  For most of this time I could see us in no other form.  Neither, well never, did she.

Yet we kissed. 

I mistook one gesture;
I fell suddenly;
I slowly engineered the moment, pushed it just enough, found success. 

I thought.

She decided to move in with her boyfriend.



Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was more of a challenge: do not use the letter A.

3 comments:

  1. Broken-hearted on a train... that's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or maybe she went on vacation . . . :) well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like it. Good job catching the disappointment of dashed hope.

    ReplyDelete