Tuesday 15 March 2016

100 Words: Untitled

I hit the ground choking and spluttering, my throat starting to constrict.  My head soon started to catch up, mind, the bones in my skull splintering, then shrinking and reforming, a process that caused the sort of agony I could only have imagined before. 

My face began to itch then grow warmer as thick fur sprouted and grew to further alter my image. 

As the process repeated itself in a wave down my body, the main thing I noticed, aside from the searing pain, was the world becoming much larger. 


Once completely changed, I purred, scratched, then walked away nonchalantly.



Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was the word Change.

I also did one last week for Duty, but too late to link up.

2 comments:

  1. I knew my cat was some sort of changing. She is much too calculating to be a simple feline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was any animal I'd want to change into, it would be a cat!

    ReplyDelete