Saturday 25 January 2014

250 Words: Improv, aka Ramblings 4

Whatever happened to Steve?  I remember the last time I saw him was in the Wetherspoon’s on Grape Lane, the one that all the slags hang out in, that drag guys to kiss in the alley down the side.  And maybe more, I don’t know, I’ve never been a random.  Anyway, I saw Steve in there three, maybe four years ago, I remember cos it was the night I last went out with Nicki; she dumped me the next morning (though I didn’t breakdown into her naked breasts, Los Campesinos! fans; I did that on her doorstep having left with my head held, reasonably, high).  God I loved her at the time.  It was only later I found out she’d been screwing right around town.  Probably in the alleyway down the side of the Wetherspoon’s on Grape Lane. 

Hmm.

Anywho, I saw Steve last then.  You remember him too, don’t you?  Not even that night?  It was also the night that you fell down drunk, smashed your head up real bad.  That’s why you might not remember that night so well but you must remember old Stevie Steven!  He cleaned you up someone told me (I missed the whole thing, arguing with Nicki no doubt, I only found out at closing time, hadn’t noticed you were gone).  Well that was the last I saw of him, in the Grape Lane Wetherspoon’s the night before Nicki ditched me and you smashed your head up badly.  Whatever happened to him I wonder?  

No comments:

Post a Comment