Thursday 30 November 2023

100 Words: Life from Death

The first time I walked to the shop instead of using the car I saw a squirrel standing on the top of a fence taking seeds from the centre of a sunflower and eating them from its tiny hands.

I stood transfixed, watching this intimate and tiny wonder all alone.  Just me on Church Landway amazed by what I was witnessing.


I never looked back, I never fixed the car.  

Now it has bloomed into life, just as I have by walking and taking public transport: meeting people and seeing things that would not be possible while driving the car.




Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt (see here for other stories): 


PHOTO PROMPT © Fleur Lind

3 comments:

  1. One never knows just what it will take to make a change in one's life like this. I love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could follow that example. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful discovery to make. There's life out there if we can just slow down and get back in touch with it. Lovely story.

    ReplyDelete