Friday 17 March 2023

100 Words: Turn Left

Turn left, come in, enter my emporium.  Your future I will sell to you.  Visions of most perfect clarity, rendered before your very eye, that will show you your path, make clear what you will have to do.

I entered, I saw, I discovered, I locked the door behind me.  

You see, once revealed, the future is set.  Once seen, it cannot be undone.  Just like the past the future becomes.

But, stuck up in my own head, watching my life again as if on a cinema screen, I cannot warn you of this.

I cannot scream:

“DON’T TURN LEFT!”



Written for Friday Fictioneers, and ultimately a very short rewrite of this story, from the following picture prompt (see here for other stories): 



PHOTO PROMPT © Rowena Curtin

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning. Of course, as we all know, knowing the future is a curse, not a blessing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - often it is presented as a possibility to avoid, but I'm always a bit more negative

      Delete
  2. Oh, well done, I especially like, 'it becomes'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right. Some things cannot be unseen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I like this mindbender. Good one!

    ReplyDelete