Saturday 6 February 2021

100 Words: Changing Times

I remember the days we were trusted to not steal the toilet paper (and to change it even).  But everything has changed.  

I have used this rail line all my life.  Since the old days of curtains and before blue lights.  

The first time I caught the train, I was so excited I nearly wet myself, holding it in because I didn’t want to miss anything.  When they began to fill the water tank, mine reached critical level and I rushed to the toilet.  It’s often been my first port of call ever since.  Sad to see how it’s changed.



Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt (see here for other stories): 



PHOTO PROMPT © Trish Nankivell

3 comments:

  1. On the plus sidde, there's a lot less witch-burning these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄

      Yes, changes in your own lifetime are generally far smaller and less significant than this through history. The loss of witch killing is a huge one.

      Delete
  2. It does seem as if people are just less responsible than when I was a kid. I've learned to check the TP supply before I enter a stall. Saves time and aggravation :)

    ReplyDelete