Wednesday 28 September 2016

100 Words: Sing me to sleep

When I can no longer move, sing me to sleep.

When I only sit and stare, please sing me to sleep.

When I can no longer talk, write, wink.. converse with you at all, then sing me to sleep.

And when I can no longer hold your hand, squeeze or hug you, please sing me to sleep.

Take me and sing me to sleep.


Please.


Unless we have kids.

If we have kids, please park me in the corner of the room so I never miss a thing.

And sing me to sleep, I want to always hear your voice.



Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was the word, Sleep.

Upon reading the prompt, the song Asleep by The Smiths entered my head, and I could not get away from it; and from there came my title.

4 comments:

  1. This was very touching, then it took a turn, and made me laugh. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the request and was moved by it and then, as Tara said, it took a turn and I still loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks both - glad you liked the ending; I couldn't stand for it to be sad all the way through and quite enjoyed creating a clause to the request.

    ReplyDelete