Tuesday 13 September 2016

100 Words: The Reclusive Writer

He would not accept the term, “Mind Palace,” and refused to believe in imaginary worlds.  The writer, though, wrote nothing down whilst “writing” almost constantly.

Instead, within his head lived the plans and dreams that formed the basis for an entire fantasy world.  A new Gormenghast, perhaps, or Narnia.  If he could make it any good.  

And there it stayed.  An encyclopedia of unordered daydreams he was too scared to commit to paper or screen.




A Dark Warrior stalks my mind.  Reminding me and stalling me.  I seek his guidance and he walks away leaving me a trail of stories.


Written for the 100 Word Challenge on Thin Spiral Notebook; the prompt was the word, Recluse (after three months of failing to take part, this seemed too good a word not to get back in)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the loneliest of recluses. A wonderful world only he can visit. He really should try writing it all down.

    ReplyDelete