Tuesday 22 September 2015

People's Dreams

I know some of my desires are unknown to me.  Some are vague, others are dark.  Some are possible, others lie in dead ends.  I imagine myself in a maze, wandering, following dreams ahead of me as they turn into blind alleys, lead me astray, wreck me, break me, raise me up, bring me ecstasy, or die and turn to ghosts imprinted in the hedge in one of those dead ends.

Our lives are mazes we spend all our time rambling on through.  We do not know where paths will lead unless we follow them.  To stand still is to go nowhere, to not follow dreams is not to live.  Where our mazes bisect with those of others we might see someone staying where they are and stagnating or we might see someone striving or come together to fulfil dreams and walk paths together.

Nothing along the way is certain (unless we are told otherwise), nothing on the way is for sure.  The only thing we know is that, at the end, we will find a middle where we will stop dreaming and rest forever.  


(More or less Auto-)Written for the Light and Shade Challenge from the written prompt, "A man's dreams are a maze even he cannot know" - Robert Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment