Friday 20 March 2015

The Man in the Car Park

It was the first multi-storey car park outside the M25, you know.  Not the sort of place I’d have expected something like this to happen. 

He was either in fancy dress (standard or cosplay) or a time traveller.  A medieval Japanese archer is, I guess, how you’d describe him. 

It was the way that he was kneeling that caught my attention.  It reminded me of the start of the film, 13 Assassins, and I began to worry I was about to witness a ritualistic suicide.  I didn’t want to take my eyes off the scene, to miss the drawing of the blade, to be able to shout as loud as I could but I was in an office block across the street.  The only realistic chance I had of stopping him was to run.

And run I did- like the wind, like the wolf in Princess Mononoke- out her office, down the stairs, out the door, into the street… where I stopped dead.  Our man was leaving the car park with a Geisha, hand in hand.

Still.  It stopped me from shagging my boss.  On the walk back to the party I re-thought the whole thing. 


Written for Flash! Friday from the following picture prompt and including the setting of a parking lot (or car park as we call them over here).

Night Archer. CC2.0 photo by Tanakawho. 
Night Archer. CC2.0 photo by Tanakawho.

No comments:

Post a Comment