Wednesday 19 March 2014

100 Words: Illness

When faced with this subject, it might seem difficult not to slide into sadness, to plumb the depths of despair and death, to mine mortality; and tricky to find a lighter, happier, angle.  

Yet I have heard of relationships forming in hospital and lasting far beyond the discharge.  I’ve heard tell of people discovering themselves during that period away from normal life; more than once a great work has been created during convalescence or from the sickbed.   

And I know my children would not exist if I had not had a breakdown, as my recovery led me to their mother.


Written for 100 Word Challenge #371 on Velvet Verbosity

2 comments:

  1. Illness isn't necessarily bad. Sometimes amazing thing can come forth. I liked this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah, it seemed important somehow to bring some sort of positivity into it.

      Delete