Tuesday 5 January 2021

81 Words: The Lost Traveller Found

How did I feel?  How to explain?

Stuck on Earth for decades, ship destroyed on landing, sending homemade signals daily, longing for this moment...

Yet I’d had another life.  One that fell apart when she discovered my secret.  I went into hiding but she kept that secret.  And, because of that, I’d started to think more of her than home.  

And so what I thought when they found me, in front of the Pompidou Centre, was… that’s where we got engaged.




Written for 
Flash! Friday from the following picture prompt (we were also asked to add a Fire Element (include a chef) or Ice Element (include an insterstellar voyager)) and had a word count limit exactly 81 words.  


Joy. Pompidou Centre, Paris. CC3.0 photo by Rupert Menneer.

No comments:

Post a Comment