Wednesday 18 November 2015

100 Words: I didn't hide the pages so well

Cutting a crevice into a book made me feel so bad I kept what I’d taken.  But it was necessary.  They were coming and it had to be hidden. 

So I slipped it in and filed it away, lost it in Bliss. 


I was shocked when they arrived.  Their Captain had been my teacher, was once my favourite. 

Now he wore their superior snarl; when he recognised me, it melted into a smile.

Once I would have told him anything, any secret.  Now, though, having seen his true face, I made a vow that nothing would let this secret slip.


Written for Flash! Friday's Warmup Wednesday from the following picture prompt (we were also asked to include a teacher):

Secret Book. CC2.0 photo by STML. 
Secret Book. CC2.0 photo by STML.


No comments:

Post a Comment